5 Ways to Convert More Window Leads for your Window Installation Business
- September 17, 2019
- By: Vonigo
For most businesses and homeowners, the need for window installation or replacement is a certainty. Increase your window leads with these five tips while optimizing how many convert into new business for your company.
1. Know Your SEO and Attract More Window Leads
Today’s consumers are digital-savvy shoppers. They’re well-informed and they do a significant amount of research online before they engage with you. To help them with their research (and more importantly, influence their buying decision and turn them into window leads), they must be able to find you.
Your website is your most important engagement tool. It serves as the central nervous system for all of your marketing activities. No matter where or how the first lead touch occurs, most window leads will end up on your website. Increasing the number of leads you push through this pipeline will directly impact the amount of new business you close.
A solid Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy is key to maximizing visits. If you’re not leveraging SEO to drive traffic to your website, then you’re leaving business on the table as potential window leads won’t be able to find you.
Tips to help you improve your SEO results:
- Add your location data to your Google My Business listing. If your window leads are looking for “window replacement in Washington DC”, the search results will include a local map displaying the location of your business. The prospects can easily click to learn more, providing you with more window leads in your pipeline.
- Code the reviews you’ve received so Google is aware of them. This will allow Google to display your average ratings and review count directly into your search results. Read the tutorial to learn more.
- Whether you serve one or many communities, organize your website so each search term returns a local result. For example, a window lead is looking for “window installation in Memphis, TN”. The result should direct them to a page that showcases your familiarity with this location. Be sure to mention the neighbourhoods where you’ve worked and any other local area expertise.
Combine your strong SEO strategy with other digital marketing tactics to materially increase window leads that visit your site. For example, pay-per-click (PPC) can deliver meaningful results to your lead pipeline. View this infographic for more information.
2. Know Your Audience
Now that you’re driving more window leads to your website, their experience once they arrive will determine whether they bounce off your site or engage. It’s critical that your messaging is on point. If your audience believes you truly understand them – odds are they will stay, increasing their potential to convert into new business.
Most people will visit your site to have new windows installed or replaced for the following reasons:
- Energy efficiency
- Safety and security
- Storm or accidental damage
The use cases you support should be woven throughout your messaging and website content. Window leads will be more inclined to stay and learn about your company if they believe you understand their requirements.
You know your business best. Review the types of window installations and replacement work you’ve performed over the past 12 months. Pay attention to any trends. For example, people may be more inclined to replace older windows for greater energy efficiency when the seasons change. These types of seasonal trends should be reflected in your messaging.
Your SEO and website strategy should align with the cycles of your business and the needs of your target audience. If your messaging is relatable to your window leads, it will be easier for them to relate to you. This is the first step in building trust with your audience and converting each opportunity into new business.
3. Share Your Customer Success Stories
A positive customer review or endorsement is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can present on your website. Especially when you consider that 95% of shoppers read reviews before making a purchase. Anytime you can showcase a happy customer, you’re reinforcing your reputation as a reliable and trustworthy service provider while removing one more impediment from the buying process.
Most happy customers are willing to provide you with a positive review or referral. But once they have done so, be sure to recognize their support. You could send them a personal thank-you note, a branded window cleaning kit, or a gift certificate for a local restaurant. Your gesture should reflect the amount of time the customer spent and especially if a referral they provided resulted in new business.
Some customers may be willing to provide you with a higher value endorsement. This could include their photo or even a short video story where they appear on camera. You’ve now converted a positive review into an ongoing (and valuable) sales tool that you can showcase on your website. Remember to include a call to action at the end of the endorsement, directing the lead to request a quote or to book an appointment.
Bonus Tip: Use Social Media
It’s also worthwhile to promote your customer success stories via social media. The more targeted and local the better. Some platforms – like Facebook – allow you to apply precise geographical targeting based on zip or postal codes. Reading about someone in the same city or neighborhood that has used (and is happy with) your service is a powerful influencer. With a local endorsement, potential window leads will be more likely to visit your website and learn more.
4. Convert Window Leads in the Moment
Between 70% and 96% of your website visitors will never return once they leave your site after their initial visit. So converting your window leads during their first visit is essential to winning the business. Here are some tips to help you convert leads in the moment:
- Build compelling calls to action (CTAs) that will motivate visitors to take the next step in the pre-sales cycle. This can include access to additional information such as customer case studies, before-and-after photos, and other content. If the lead is engaged and seems ready to convert, the CTA should direct them to “Book Now” or “Request a Quote.” Done properly, CTAs can help window leads progress through the pre-sales cycle and convert into new business.
- Emphasize your positive reputation by showcasing customer case studies, reviews, quotes, and other proof that you’re a recognized and well-regarded service provider. This will assure the window leads that they are dealing with a reputable company. Most importantly, it will remove any doubts they may have in providing you with their business.
- Offer an online booking option so the window leads can commit to the next step before leaving your website. This allows them to stay in control while automating the conversion of the lead into a booked job.
5. Close the Deal with Online Booking
A functional online booking system delivers a professional and convenient experience for your window leads. They can take immediate action while on your website, without the hassle of back-and-forth emails and calls to your sales desk. Since the system will display your availability, the lead can easily schedule a time that will work for everyone.
But before they can take this step, window leads must be properly nurtured and informed. To get them there, you’ll need to share additional information. This can include:
- The steps required in building a quote
- A general idea of how long it takes to install new windows
- Transparency with your pricing in terms of types of windows, installations, and other cost factors
With greater insight to next steps and general costs, people will be more comfortable booking online.
Online booking will also lower your administrative and sales costs. Many people will take immediate action if they are offered the opportunity to book immediately.
Do you want to learn more about how window installation software with online booking can help you close more window leads and increase profits? Book a free, private demo of Vonigo to learn more.
Get a demoPlease complete and submit the form below for a free demo.
Questions about Vonigo? Want to hear more about the company and our amazing software? We'd love to hear from you.
Contact SalesQuestions about pricing or features? Like a demo? Ready to sign up? We'd love to hear from you.
Inquire about employment
If you've got mad skills in software that you're looking to put to better use, then we'd love to hear from you.